Register and extension to offer vFabric Data Director or Cloud Foundry services in vCloud Director.
Enable service offering integration in vCloud Director. See Using the vCloud API to Enable and Configure vCloud Director Service Offering Integration.
Verify that you are using a supported version of vFabric Data Director or Cloud Foundry. See Managing Service Offerings.
Verify that you have the URL or IP address of the vFabric Data Director or Cloud Foundry installation accessible.
- Click the Manage & Monitor tab and click Extensions.
- Click Add.
- Select the extension type from the drop-down menu.
Register a VMware vFabric Data Director extension. vCloud Director supports VMware vFabric Data Director version 2.7 services.
Register a Cloud Foundry extension. vCloud Director supports Cloud Foundry platform version 1.0 services.
- Type the namespace for the extension.
- Type name and optional description for the extension.
- Type the URL or IP address of the vFabric Data Director or Cloud Foundry installation to use for the extension.
- Type the user name and user password for the extension, and click OK.
What to do next
Associate the extension's service offerings with virtual datacenters. See Associate a Service Offering With an Organization Virtual Datacenter.