You can create a VPN tunnel between an organization virtual datacenter network and a remote network.
System administrators and organization administrators can create VPN tunnels.
If a firewall is between the tunnel endpoints, you must configure it to allow the following IP protocols and UDP ports:
IP Protocol ID 50 (ESP)
IP Protocol ID 51 (AH)
UDP Port 500 (IKE)
UDP Port 4500
Verify that you have a routed organization virtual datacenter network and a routed remote network that uses IPSec.
- Click the Manage & Monitor tab and click Organization VDCs in the left pane.
- Double-click the organization virtual datacenter name to open the organization virtual datacenter.
- Click the Org VDC Networks tab, right-click the organization virtual datacenter network name and select Configure Services.
- Click the VPN tab and click Add.
- Type a name and optional description.
- Select a remote network from the drop-down menu.
- Type the peer settings.
See VMware Knowledge Base article https://kb.vmware.com/kb/2051370.
- Review the tunnel settings and click OK.
vCloud Director configures the organization peer network endpoint.
What to do next
Manually configure the remote peer network endpoint.