PostgreSQL databases have specific configuration requirements when you use them with vCloud Director. Install and configure a database instance and create the vCloud Director database user account before you install vCloud Director.
You must be familiar with PostgreSQL commands, scripting, and operation.
- Configure the database server.
A database server configured with 16GB of memory, 100GB storage, and 4 CPUs should be adequate for most vCloud Director server groups.
- Install a supported distribution of PostgreSQL on the database server.
- Create the database instance and give it an owner.
Use a command like this one to specify a database user named
vcloudas the database owner.
create database vcloud owner vcloud;
- Assign a database password to the database owner account.
The following command assigns the password
vcloudpassto database owner
alter user vcloud password 'vcloudpass';
- Enable the database owner to log in to the database.
The following command assigns the
loginoption to database owner
alter role vcloud with login;
What to do next
For additional configuration suggestions, see VMware Knowledge Base article https://kb.vmware.com/kb/2151464.