vCloud Director depends on VMware Tools to customize the guest OS.
A virtual machine must be powered on to install VMware Tools.
If your newly created virtual machine has no guest operating system, you must install it before you can install VMware Tools.
If the version of VMware Tools is earlier than 7299 in a virtual machine in your vApp, you must upgrade it.
Guest customization must be disabled prior to installing VMware tools.
- From the Navigator, select Compute > Virtual Machines.
- Select the virtual machine where you want to install VMware tools.
- From the More menu, select Install VMware Tools.
VMware tools are installed on the target guest operating system. If there is an error during installation, an error message displays. You can also view the Tasks window to see when the installation completes.
- Navigate to the command line interface for your operating system by going to
, and clicking the icon for the guest operating system command line interface on the card view:
The interface for the VM operating system opens.
- Follow the instructions on the VMware Knowledge Base Article 1014294 to configure the VMware Tools for your particular operating system.
VMware tools are installed on the guest operating system.