You can manually assign a security tag to virtual machines.
About this task
If you have created security tags, you can assign them to virtual machines. You can use security tags to group virtual machines for writing firewall rules. For example, you might assign a security tag to a group of virtual machines with highly sensitive data.
- Launch Security Services by completing the following steps.
- Click .
- Select the organizational VDC security services for which you want to apply security settings and click Configure Services.
The tenant portal opens Security Services.
- Select Security Tags and choose the security tag you want to edit.
- Click the Edit button.
The Edit Security Tag dialog opens.
- For Browse objects of type, Virtual Machines is selected by default.
- Select virtual machines from the left panel, and assign them by clicking the right arrow.
The virtual machines in the right panel are assigned the security tag.
- Select virtual machines in the left panel, and remove the tag by clicking the left arrrow.
Virtual machines in the left panel do not have the security tag assigned.
- When you have finished adding your changes, click Keep to store the changes.
The security tag is assigned to the selected virtual machines.
What to do next
Security tags are designed to work with a security group. For more information about creating security groups, see Add a Security Group.