You can create a security tag and assign it to a virtual machine or a group of virtual machines.
About this task
You create a security tag and assign it to a virtual machine or group of virtual machines.
- Launch Security Services by completing the following steps.
- Click .
- Select the organizational VDC security services for which you want to apply security settings and click Configure Services.
The tenant portal opens Security Services.
- Select Security Tags.
- Click + and enter a name for the security tag.
- Enter a description for the security tag.
- (Optional) Assign the security tag to a virtual machine or group of virtual machines.
- In Browse objects of type, Virtual Machines is selected by default.
- Select virtual machines from the left panel, and assign them by clicking the right arrow.
The virtual machines in the right panel are assigned the security tag.
- When you have added all your selected virtual machines to the right panel, click Keep to store the changes.
The security tag is created, and if you chose, is assigned to selected virtual machines.
What to do next
Security tags are designed to work with a security group. For more information about creating security groups, see Add a Security Group.