Adding service certificates to an edge gateway makes those certificates available for use in the edge gateway's VPN-related settings. If the edge gateway for your vCloud Director organization virtual datacenter has been converted to an advanced edge gateway, you can add a service certificate to the tenant portal's Certificates screen.
Verify you have the service certificate and its private key in PEM format. In the user interface, you can either paste in the PEM data or browse to a file that contains the data and is available in your network from your local system.
To use the vCloud Director tenant portal to work with an edge gateway's settings, the edge gateway must be converted to an advanced edge gateway. You can do this on the edge gateway in the vCloud Director Web console or from the tenant portal. For details on performing this step from the tenant portal, see Convert an Edge Gateway to an Advanced Edge Gateway.
- Launch Edge Gateway Services by completing the following steps.
- Click Network > Edge Gateway.
- Select the edge gateway to edit, and click Configure Services.
The tenant portal opens Edge Gateway Services.
- Click the Certificates tab.
- Click + SERVICE CERTIFICATE.
- Input the service certificate's PEM-formatted data.
If the data is in a PEM file on a system you can navigate to, click the import button to browse to the file and select it.
If you can copy and paste the PEM data, paste it into the Service Certificate (PEM format) field. Include the -----BEGIN CERTIFICATE----- and -----END CERTIFICATE----- lines.
- Input the certificate's private key's PEM-formatted data.
If you can copy and paste the PEM data, paste it into the Private Key (PEM format) field. Include the -----BEGIN RSA PRIVATE KEY----- and -----END RSA PRIVATE KEY----- lines.
- Type in a private key passphrase and confirm it.
- (Optional) Type an optional description.
The certificate with type Service Certificate appears in the on-screen list. This service certificate is now available for you to select when you configure the edge gateway's VPN-related settings.