To create a vApp based on an existing vApp, you can copy a vApp and change the copy to meet your needs. You do not need to power off virtual machines in the vApp before you copy the vApp. The memory state of running virtual machines is preserved in the copied vApp.
Verify that the following conditions are met.
You are at least a vApp user.
The organization virtual datacenter is backed by vCenter Server 5.5.
- From the Navigator, select Compute > vApps.
- Select the vApp you want to copy.
- From the More menu, select Copy to..
- Type a name and description.
- Select a virtual datacenter.
- Select a storage policy.
- Click OK.
A copy of the vApp is created in a suspended mode. The copied vApp is enabled for network fencing.
What to do next
Modify the network properties of the new vApp or power on the vApp.