You can edit a user-defined security tag.
About this task
If you change the environment or function of a virtual machine, you may also want to use a different security tag so that firewall rules are correct for the new machine configuration. For example, if you have a virtual machine where you no longer store sensitive data, you might want to assign a different security tag so that firewall rules that apply to sensitive data are no longer run against the virtual machine.
- Launch Security Services by completing the following steps.
- Click .
- Select the organizational VDC security services for which you want to apply security settings and click Configure Services.
The tenant portal opens Security Services.
- Select Security Tags.
- From the list of security tags, select the security tag that you want to edit.
The security tag is highlighted.
- Click the Edit button, and the Edit Security Tag page opens.
- Assign or remove assigned virtual machines by moving the virtual machines from the right or left panels using the arrows. Virtual Machines on the left panel are unassigned, and virtual machines in the right panel are assigned.
- When you are done assigning or removing assignments of security tags, click Keep to save your changes.
The security tags are reassigned.
What to do next
If you edit a security tag, you may also need to edit an associated security group or firewall rules. For more information about security groups, see Working with Security Groups