This operation requires the rights included in the predefined Organization Administrator role or an equivalent set of rights.
- Click .
- On the vApp Templates tab, right-click a vApp template and select Properties.
- On the General tab, modify the vApp template name and description.
- Select a vApp creation option.
This option applies when creating a vApp based on this template. It is ignored when building a vApp using individual virtual machines from this template.
Make identical copy
vApps that are created from this vApp template inherit the guest operating system settings specified in the template. If you select this option and guest customization is enabled, the guest operating system is personalized. IP addresses of the NICs in the template are re-used if they were reserved by specifying Make identical copy when the template was created.
Customize VM settings
Guest operating system is personalized regardless of the vApp template settings when the template is instantiated. IP addresses of the NICs in the template are not re-used. This option requires that a supported version of VMware Tools be installed on all virtual machines in the vApp.
- Choose whether or not to mark the vApp template as a Gold Master in the catalog.
If you mark a vApp template as a Gold Master, this information appears in the list of vApp templates.
- To reset the vApp template storage lease, select the Reset lease check box and select a new storage lease.
- Click OK.