You can save a vApp to a catalog as a vApp template.
This operation requires the rights included in the predefined vApp Author role or an equivalent set of rights.
Your organization must have a catalog and a virtual datacenter with available space.
- Click My Cloud.
- In the left pane, click vApps.
- Right-click a vApp and select Add to Catalog.
If you select a running vApp, it is added to the catalog as a vApp template with all of its virtual machines in a suspended state.
- Select Overwrite catalog item if you want the new catalog item to overwrite any existing vApp Template that has the same name.
- Type a Name and optional Description for the vApp template.
- Specify a Storage lease.
The default storage lease is configured by your organization administrator.
- Specify how the template should be created.
Select an option.
Make Identical Copy
vApps that are created from this vApp template inherit the guest operating system settings specified in the template. If you select this option and guest customization is enabled, the guest operating system is personalized. IP addresses of the NICs in the template are reserved.
Customize VM Settings
Guest operating system is personalized regardless of the vApp template settings when the template is instantiated. IP addresses of the NICs in the template are released.
- Click OK.
The vApp is saved as a vApp template and appears in the specified catalog.