You can upload new media files or new versions of existing media files to a catalog. Users with access to the catalog can open the media files with their virtual machines.
This operation requires the rights included in the predefined Catalog Author role or an equivalent set of rights.
The vCloud Director Client Integration Plug-In must be installed in your browser. For more information, see VMware Knowledge Base article https://kb.vmware.com/kb/2145401
- Select .
- On the Media & Other tab, click Upload.
To upload a new version of a media file that is already in the catalog, click Upload new version.
- Type the path to the media file or click Browse to find it.
- Type a name and optional description for the media file.
vCloud Director displays this name in the catalog. The name must include the appropriate file extension, such as .iso
- Click Upload to upload the file.
- (Optional) : Click Launch Uploads and Downloads Progress Window to track the progress.
The media file is uploaded to the catalog.