You can download a vApp template from a catalog locally as an OVF file.
This operation requires the rights included in the predefined Catalog Author role or an equivalent set of rights.
- Click Catalogs.
- In the left pane, click on a catalog option.
My Organization's Catalogs
You can download vApp templates from your organization's catalogs or, if you are an organization administrator, from a public catalog.
- On the vApp Templates tab, select a vApp template, right-click, and select Download.
- Navigate to the local folder where you want to save the OVF file.
- (Optional) Select a format for the download and enter details in the Description field.
- (Optional) Select Preserve identity information to include the UUIDs and MAC addresses of the vApp's virtual machines in the downloaded OVF package.
- Click OK.
You can click the View uploads and downloads button to track the progress.