To create a vApp based on an existing vApp, you can copy a vApp and change the copy to meet your needs.
About this task
You do not need to power off virtual machines in the vApp before you copy the vApp. The memory state of running virtual machines is preserved in the copied vApp.
Verify that the following conditions are met.
You are at least a vApp user.
The organization virtual datacenter is backed by vCenter Server 5.5.
- Click My Cloud.
- In the left pane, click vApps.
- Select a vApp, right-click, and select Copy to.
- Type a name and optional description.
- Select a virtual datacenter.
- Select a storage policy from the drop-down menu.
- Click OK.
A copy of the vApp is created in a suspended mode. The copied vApp is enabled for network fencing.
What to do next
Modify the network properties of the new vApp or power on the vApp.