You can use X Windows to access a VM and run an RPM installer to install VMware Tools on a Linux guest operating system.
The VMware Remote Console application installed.
- Click My Cloud.
- In the left pane, click VMs.
- Select a Linux virtual machine, right-click, and select Popout Console.
- In the guest operating system, start the RPM installer.
Double-click the VMware Tools CD icon on your desktop and double-click the RPM installer in the root of the CD-ROM.
Double-click the RPM installer in the file manager window.
- Type the root password and click OK.
- Click Continue when the package is ready.
After VMware Tools is installed, no confirmation appears.
- In an X terminal, as root, run the vmware-config-tools.pl script to configure VMware Tools.
- Press Enter to accept the default value.
- After the upgrade is complete, enter /etc/init.d/network to restart the network.
- Type exit.
- To start the VMware Tools control panel, enter vmware-toolbox &.