You can upload an OVF package to create a vApp template in a catalog.
About this task
vCloud Director supports the Open Virtualization Format (OVF) Specification. If you upload an OVF file that includes OVF properties for customizing its virtual machines, those properties are preserved in the vApp template. For information about creating OVF packages, see the OVF Tool User Guide and VMware vCenter Converter User's Guide
This operation requires the rights included in the predefined Catalog Author role or an equivalent set of rights.
The vCloud Director Client Integration Plug-In must be installed in your browser. For more information, see VMware Knowledge Base article https://kb.vmware.com/kb/2145401
- Select .
- On the vApp Templates tab, click Upload.
To upload a new version of a vApp template that is already in the catalog, click Upload new version.
- Type the path to the OVF package or click Browse to find it.
- Type a name and optional description for the vApp template.
vCloud Director displays this name in the catalog.
- Click Upload to upload the OVF package.
- (Optional) : Click Launch Uploads and Downloads Progress Window to track the progress.