You can reset your virtual machine's password.
The virtual machine's guest OS is personalized, and your virtual machine is powered off.
- Click My Cloud.
- In the left pane, click VMs.
- Right-click a virtual machine and select Properties.
- On the Guest OS Customization tab, select the Enable guest customization check box.
- Select Allow local administrator password.
- Select Require administrator to change password on first login to require all administrators to change the password upon initial log in.
Administrators must know the old password.
- Choose how to generate the virtual machine password.
Auto generate password
vCloud Director generates a password for the virtual machine.
Type a password for the virtual machine.
- (Optional) Select Automatically log on as Administrator for vCloud Director to log on as Administrator when the virtual machine powers on and select the number of times to log on automatically from the drop-down list.
- Click OK.
The password for your virtual machine is reset.