To start the appliance deployment, you open the deployment wizard from the vSphere Web Client (Flex).
For information about deploying OVF templates in the vSphere Web Client (Flex), see vSphere Virtual Machine Administration.
Deploying the vCloud Director appliance from the vSphere Client (HTML5) or vCloud Director is unsupported.
- In the vSphere Web Client (Flex), right-click any inventory object and click Deploy OVF Template.
- Enter the path to the vCloud Director .ova file and click Next.
- Enter a name for the virtual machine and browse the vCenter Server repository to select a data center or folder on which to deploy the appliance, and click Next.
- Select an ESXi host or cluster on which to deploy the appliance and click Next.
- Review the template details and click Next.
- Read the license agreements, click Accept, and click Next.
- Select the disk format and the datastore for the virtual machine configuration files and virtual disks, and click Next.
Thick formats improve performance, and thin formats save storage space.
- From the drop-down menus, select the target network, select the IP allocation settings, and click Next.
You are redirected to the Customize template page to configure the vCloud Director details.