You can insert media such as CD/DVD images from catalogs to use in a virtual machine guest operating system. You can use these media files to install an operating system in the virtual machine, various applications, drivers, and so on.
You have access to a catalog with media files.
- On the Virtual Datacenters dashboard screen, click the card of the virtual data center you want to explore and select Virtual Machines from the left panel.
- Click to view the list in a card view and, optionally, filter the list of virtual machines from the Look in drop-down menu.
- Select the virtual machine where you want to add the media.
- From the More menu, select Insert Media.
- From the Insert CD window, select the media file to insert in the virtual machine.
- Click Insert.