After you generate a Certificate Signing Request (CSR) and obtain the CA-signed certificate based on that CSR, you can import the CA-signed certificate to use it by your edge gateway.
To use the vCloud Director tenant portal to work with edge gateway services, the edge gateway must be converted to an advanced edge gateway. You can do this on the edge gateway in the vCloud Director Web console or from the tenant portal. For details on performing this step from the tenant portal, see Convert an Edge Gateway to an Advanced Edge Gateway.
Verify that you have obtained the CA-signed certificate that corresponds to the CSR. If the private key in the CA-signed certificate does not match the one for the selected CSR, the import process fails.
- Open Edge Gateway Services.
- Navigate to Networking > Edges.
- Select the edge gateway to edit, and click Configure Services.
- Click the Certificates tab.
- Select the CSR in the on-screen table for which you are importing the CA-signed certificate.
- Import the signed certificate.
- Click Signed certificate generated for CSR.
- Provide the PEM data of the CA-signed certificate.
If the data is in a PEM file on a system you can navigate to, click the Upload button to browse to the file and select it.
If you can copy and paste the PEM data, paste it into the Signed Certificate (PEM format) field.
Include the -----BEGIN CERTIFICATE----- and -----END CERTIFICATE----- lines.
- (Optional) Type a description.
- Click Keep.
If the private key in the CA-signed certificate does not match the one for the CSR you selected on the Certificates screen, the import process fails.
The CA-signed certificate with type Service Certificate appears in the on-screen list.