You can see the list of vApp templates that are available in the catalogs, to which you have access. You can view a vApp template and explore the virtual machines that it contains.
You can access only vApp templates that are included in catalogs items that have been shared to you. For more information about sharing catalogs, see Share a Catalog.
This operation requires the rights included in the predefined vApp Author role or an equivalent set of rights.
- From the main menu (), select Libraries, and select vApp Templates from the left panel.
The list of templates displays in a grid view.
- (Optional) Configure the grid view to contain elements you want to see.
- From the grid view, click the grid editor icon () below the list of vApp templates.
- Select the elements you want to include in the grid view, such as version, status, catalog, owner, and so on.
- Click OK.
The grid displays the elements you selected for each vApp template in the list.
- To view the virtual machines included in a vApp template, click the vApp template name.
The virtual machines that the vApp template includes display in a grid.
- (Optional) To select the elements you want to see in the grid view, click the grid editor icon () below the list of virtual machines.
- Select the elements you want to include in the grid view.
- Click OK.