You can delete a user-defined security tag.
You might want to delete a security tag if the function or environment of the virtual machine changes. For example, if you have a security tag for Oracle databases, but you decide to use a different database server, you can remove the security tag so that firewall rules that apply to Oracle databases no longer run against the virtual machine.
- On the Virtual Datacenters dashboard screen, click the card of the virtual data center you want to explore, and under Networking, select Security.
- Select a security service, and click Configure services.
- Click the Security Tags tab.
- From the list of security tags, select the security tag that you want to delete.
- Click the Delete () button.
- To confirm the deletion, click OK.
The security tag is deleted.
What to do next
If you delete a security tag, you might also need to edit an associated security group or firewall rules. For more information about security groups, see Working with Security Groups.