You can add a routed Org VDC network. You can add a mix of internal or routed Org VDC networks to meet the needs of your organization.
You can add a mix of internal (isolated) or routed Org VDC networks to meet the needs of your organization. For example, if you want to isolate a network that contains sensitive information, while creating a separate network that is associated with an edge gateway and connected to the Internet.
This operation requires the rights included in the predefined Organization Administrator role or an equivalent set of rights.
- On the Virtual Datacenters dashboard screen, click the card of the virtual data center you want to explore, and select Networks from the left panel.
- Click New.
- Enter the Organization VDC network settings.
Select an organization virtual data center from the menu.
Enter a meaningful name for your org VDC network.
Enter a description for the Org VDC network.
Share this network with other VDCs in this organization
Select this option to make the organization VDC network available to other virtual data centers in the organization.
One potential use case is when an application within an Organization VDC has a reservation or allocation pool set as the allocation model. In this case, it might not have enough room to run more virtual machines. As a solution, you can create a secondary Organization VDC with pay-as-you-go and run more virtual machines on that network on a temporary basis.Note:
The Organization VDCs must be backed by the same Provider VDC.
Select Routed network connecting to an existing edge gateway to provide controlled access to an external network. System administrators and organization administrators can configure network address translation (NAT), firewall, and VPN settings to make specific virtual machines accessible from the external network.
Select an edge gateway to associate with the organization VDC network.
If the organization VDC includes more than one Edge Gateway, you must choose one for this network to connect to. To support another routed network, the Edge Gateway must show a value of at least 1 in the Available Networks column.
(Optional) Select whether to allow guest VLAN to enable tagging of guest VLANs on this network.
Select an Internal, Subinterface, or Distributed interface type.
To extend an organization VDC network, select the subinterface type. It allows vCloud Director software to identify the network it will use to extend through L2 VPN. The vCloud Director solution, with the help of NSX network virtualization, will create a trunk interface type for this network.
The distributed interface type allows you to create the network on a distributed logical router connected to this Edge Gateway.
- Enter the network gateway Classless Inter-Domain Routing (CIDR) settings.
- (Optional) Select Use Gateway DNS to configure the network to use the same DNS settings as the Edge Gateway.
This option is available only if the gateway has the Use default gateway for DNS relay property enabled.
- (Optional) Configure the DNS settings.
Enter the IP address for your primary DNS server.
Enter the IP address for your secondary DNS server.
Enter your DNS suffix. The DNS suffix is the DNS name without including the hostname.
- (Optional) Configure static IP addresses for this network.
- If you want this network to reserve one or more addresses for assignment to virtual machines that require a static IP address, enter the address or range of addresses, and click Add
- Repeat this step to add multiple static IP pools.