You can replace the edge gateway that represents an active or standby egress point in a data center group.
This operation requires the System Administrator role or a role with the VDC Group: Configure VDC Group right published to the organization.
The new edge gateway must not be in use by other egress points in the data center group.
- From the main menu (), select Datacenter Groups.
The list of data center groups displays in a card view.
- In the card of the target data center group, click Details.
You are redirected to the Network Topology view for this data center group. You can see a diagram of the current network topology, which depicts the participating virtual data centers with their network fault domains, the egress points if configured, and the traffic routes.
- If you are replacing an egress point from a network fault domain configuration, on the network topology diagram, select the network fault domain of the target egress point.
Network fault domains are represented with solid lines and domain names at the bottom of the diagram.
The selected network fault domain is marked in blue.
- In the upper right corner of the card of the target egress point, click the three dots, and click Replace.
The Replace Egress Point page opens providing a list of the edge gateways that belong to the participating virtual data centers.
- Select the new edge gateway and click Replace.
BGP routes are removed from the old edge gateway and configured on the new edge gateway representing the egress point and the universal router of the virtual data center group.
The network topology diagram is updated with the name of the new edge gateway.