You can add an internal (isolated) Org VDC network. You can add a mix of internal or routed Org VDC networks to meet the needs of your organization.
You can add a mix of internal (isolated) or routed Org VDC networks to meet the needs of your organization. For example, if you want to isolate a network that contains sensitive information, while creating a separate network that is associated with an edge gateway and connected to the Internet.
This operation requires the rights included in the predefined Organization Administrator role or an equivalent set of rights.
- On the Virtual Datacenters dashboard screen, click the card of the virtual data center you want to explore, and select Networks from the left panel.
- Click New.
- Enter the Organization VDC network settings.
Select an organization virtual data center from the menu.
Enter a meaningful name for your org VDC network.
Enter a description for the Org VDC network.
Share this network with other VDCs in this organization
Select this option to make the organization VDC network available to other virtual data centers in the organization.
One potential use case for this is when an application exists within an Organization VDC that has a reservation or allocation pool set as the allocation model. In this case, it might not have enough room to run more virtual machines. As a solution, you can create a secondary Organization VDC with pay-as-you-go and run more virtual machines on that network on a temporary basis.Note:
The Organization VDCs must be backed by the same Provider VDC.
Select Isolated network within this virtual data center to add a network accessible only by this organization.
Only virtual machines in this organization can connect to and see traffic on this network. This network provides an organization with an isolated, private network that multiple virtual machines and vApps can connect to. This network provides no connectivity to virtual machines outside this organization. Virtual machines outside of this organization have no connectivity to the virtual machines in the organization.
- Enter the network gateway Classless Inter-Domain Routing (CIDR) settings.
- (Optional) Select Use Gateway DNS to configure the network to use the same DNS settings as the Edge Gateway.
This option is available only if the gateway has the Use default gateway for DNS relay property enabled.
- (Optional) Configure the DNS settings.
Enter the IP address for your primary DNS server.
Enter the IP address for your secondary DNS server.
Enter your DNS suffix. The DNS suffix is the DNS name without including the hostname.
- (Optional) Configure static IP addresses for this network.
- If you want this network to reserve one or more addresses for assignment to virtual machines that require a static IP address, enter the address or range of addresses, and click Add
- Repeat this step to add multiple static IP pools.