To create a vApp based on an existing vApp, you can copy a vApp and change the copy so that the copy meets your needs. You do not have to power off virtual machines in the vApp before you copy the vApp. The memory state of running virtual machines is preserved in the copied vApp.
Verify that the following conditions are met.
You are at least a vApp user.
The organization virtual data center is backed up by vCenter Server 5.5 or later.
- On the Virtual Datacenters dashboard screen, click the card of the virtual data center you want to explore, and select vApps from the left panel.
- Click to view the vApps in a card view.
- From the More menu of the vApp you want to copy, select Copy to.
- Type a name and description.
- Select a virtual data center in which you want to create the copy of the vApp.
- Select a storage policy.
- Click OK.
A copy of the vApp is created and the vApp copy is in a suspended state. The copied vApp is enabled for network fencing.
What to do next
Modify the network properties of the new vApp or power on the vApp.