If the primary cell is not running properly, to recover the vCloud Director database, you can promote one of the standby cells to become the new primary cell. After that, you must deploy a new standby cell.
- The primary cell is in the not reachable or failed state.
- The two standby cells are in the running state.
- Log in as root to the appliance management user interface of a running standby cell, https://standby_ip_address:5480.
- In the Role column for the standby cell that you want to become the new primary cell, click Promote.
The cell becomes the new primary cell in running state. The other standby cell is following the newly promoted primary cell.
- Deploy a new standby appliance.