VMware vCloud Director for Service Providers enables service providers to build differentiated cloud services that are inherently hybrid-aware and ideal for enterprise-class organizations. It is available through the VMware Cloud Provider Program.
APIs and SDKs
Learn More About vCloud Director
- vCloud Director Security
- VMware Product Interoperability Matrices
- VMware Configuration Maximums (Including vCloud Director 9.7)
- Configuration Maximums for vCloud Director 9.5
- Configuration Maximums for vCloud Director 9.1
- Configuration Maximums for vCloud Director 9.0
- vCloud Director Community Forum
- vCloud Blog
- Tomas Fojta's Blog (About virtualization, cloud computing and beyond)
- vCloud Architecture Toolkit
- VMware Cloud Provider Pod Designer - VMware Validated Designs for Cloud Providers
vCloud Director Extensions and Tools
- Kubernetes service
- Container Service Extension (CSE) is a separate product offering from VMware that works alongside vCloud Director. By using CSE, as a service provider, you can offer a Kubernetes service to your tenants enabling them to deploy fully functional Kubernetes clusters in a self-service and multi-tenant safe fashion. CSE extends the vCloud Director API and UI for Kubernetes cluster lifecycle management. The vCloud Director system administrator can install and operate CSE. To download CSE or learn more, visit https://vmware.github.io/container-service-extension.
- pyvcloud is an open source Python SDK for vCloud Director. For more information, visit http://vmware.github.io/pyvcloud/.
- vcd-cli is a command line interface for vCloud Director. For more information, visit https://vmware.github.io/vcd-cli/.
- vCloud Director Terraform provider
- For information, visit https://www.terraform.io/docs/providers/vcd/index.html.
- vRealize Operations Manager Extension for vCloud Director
- For information, visit https://marketplace.vmware.com/vsx/solutions/management-pack-for-vcloud-director.
- vRealize Orchestrator Plug-in for vCloud Director
- You can use the vRealize Orchestrator plug-in to run workflows that automate vCloud Director processes. For more information, see the Using the vRealize Orchestrator Plug-in for vCloud Director documentation.