To add the vCloud Director to be metered, you must provide the vCloud Director server's host name and credentials.
Verify that you have read-only administrator privileges.
While adding vCloud Director, make sure you also register the vCenter Server(s) associated with that vCloud Director.
- Click Manage in the top right menu bar of the Web application.
- Click the Products tab.
- Click the Add button located in the vCloud Director area.
- Enter a host name, IP address, or DNS name for the vCloud Director in the Host Name or IP field.
Use a comma to separate multiple servers. They must all have the same user name and password.
- Enter the port number.
- Enter the user name in the Administrator User Name field.
- Enter the password in the Password field.
The vCloud Director is added to the list of instances. If an error occurs, a message appears and the server is not added.