You can change the usgmtr account password due to security restrictions or other reasons.
- Verify that you have a password to log in to the vCloud Usage Meter console as root. To change the root account password, see Reset the vCloud Usage Meter Root Password.
- If you enter a wrong password too many times, your account gets locked. Verify that the usgmtr account is unlocked. For more information, see Unlock Usgmtr Account.
- Log in to the virtual machine console as the root user.
- To change the usgmtr password, run the
- Enter the new password and re-enter the same password to confirm the change.
- Log out from the virtual machine console.
You have changed the usgmtr account password and can log in to vCloud Usage Meter as usgmtr with the new password.