To add NSX Manager to be metered, you must provide the NSX Manager host name and credentials
Verify that the NSX Manager is registered with vCenter Server. For more information, see Register vCenter Server with NSX Manager.
Verify that you have read-only administrator privileges.
- Click Manage in the top right menu bar of the Web application.
- Click the Products tab.
- Click Add in the NSX Manager area.
- Enter a host name or IP address in the Host Name or IP text box.
- Enter the user name in the User Name text box in the domain\user format.
- Enter the password in the Password text box.
- Enter the referencing vCenter Server host name or IP address in the vCenter Host Name or IP text box.
- Click Save.
After successfully adding NSX Manager server, if you enter an incorrect Password when editing it, the NSX Manager gets deleted. To reactivate, provide the correct credentials.Note:
If an NSX certificate changes, click the corresponding Edit button so that vCloud Usage Meter can reevaluate the product. After it detects the certificate change, accept the new certificate so that the collection runs successfully.
You added the NSX Manager server to the list of instances. If an error occurs, a message appears and the server is not added.