To add Horizon DaaS to be metered, you must provide the Horizon DaaS server host name and credentials.
About this task
vCloud Usage Meter connects to Horizon DaaS over
HTTPS to collect consumption data.
Verify that you have read-only administrator privileges.
Verify that ports 8443 and 443 are opened.
- Click Manage in the top right menu bar of the Web application.
- Click the Products tab.
- Click Add in the Horizon DaaS area.
- Enter a Horizon DaaS Service Center IP address, or DNS name in the Host Name or IP text box.
- Enter the user name in the User Name text box in the domain\user format.
- Enter the password in the Password text box.
- Enter the value of number of VDI Session Model.
The number of VDI Session Model is the number of VDI virtual machines that you use to support Remote Desktop Sessions Host (RDSH) for the connection of remote desktops. The VDI concurrent connections count reduces by the number of VDI Sessions Model.
- Click Save.
- After adding the Horizon DaaS server, you can edit the number of VDI Session Model. To view the updated value in the Monthly Usage Report, you can only increase the VDI quota by entering a smaller value for the number of VDI Session Model. For example, if you initially entered the number as 12, you can change it to 4. Any mistake in configuring the right session model reflects in the Monthly Usage Report until you correct the error.
The Horizon DaaS server is added to the list of instances. If an error occurs, a message appears and the server is not added.