To add vRealize Automation to be metered, you must provide the vRealize Automation server's host name and credentials.
Verify that you have read-only administrator privileges.
Verify that you have a vSphere endpoint created in your vRealize Automation. For more information, see Create a vSphere Endpoint in the vRealize Automation documentation.
- Click Manage in the top right menu bar of the Web application.
- Click the Products tab.
- Click the Add button located in the vRealize Automation area.
- Enter a host name or IP address for the vRealize Automation IaaS Server in the Host Name or IP text box.
Use a comma to separate multiple servers. They must all have the same user name and password.
- Enter the user name in the User Name text box.
This user is the system user that you used to do the initial vRealize Automation IaaS server installation. Provide the user name in the domain\user format.
- Enter the password in the Password text box.
- Add the vRealize Automation Cafe appliance details to generate an authentication certificate.
- Enter a host name or IP address for the vRealize Automation appliance in the Host Name or IP text box.
- Enter the administrator user name in the User Name text box.
For vRealize Automation 6.X, enter the user name with domain, for example email@example.com.
For vRealize Automation 7.X, enter the user name without domain, for example administrator. This name must be from the vsphere.local domain.
- Enter the administrator password in the Password text box.
You added the vRealize Automation server to the list of instances. If an error occurs, an error message appears and the server is not added.