You must configure an outgoing email server, so that vCloud Usage Meter can send emails.
- In the Web application, navigate to .
- Configure the Outgoing Email Server settings.
Enter the host name.
Enter the port number or accept the default of 25.
To send emails to VMware, it is mandatory to configure host name and port number.
- (Optional) If necessary, select Connection Security from the drop-down.
- (Optional) If you require authentication for the outgoing email server, enter a User name and Password.
- To verify the email settings, click Send email.
The Save button remains inactive until you successfully send a test email to VMware.
vCloud Usage Meter sends a test email to firstname.lastname@example.org using the email address listed on the Provider tab as the From address. vCloud Usage Meter sends a copy of the email to the service provider email address.
Before you can proceed to save your settings, you must successfully send an email to VMware. If you do not send an email to VMware, the Email Alerts, Products, Reports, Collections, API, and LDAP tabs in the Manage page of the Web application are not activated.
- Click Save.
You have successfully sent an email to VMware and to the service provider email address and all tabs on the Manage page of the Web application are active.