To begin metering vCenter Server, you must assign additional read-only vCenter Server user permissions.
To add the required additional read-only permissions, perform the following steps.
- The vSphere administrator is not assigned with conflicting vCenter Server roles.
- You must assign the vCenter Server permissions at either a Global level or to an object in the object hierarcy.
For full information and best practices about authorization in vSphere, see vSphere Permissions and User Management Tasks in the vSphere Security guide.
- Log in to the vSphere Web Client with your administrator credentials.
- Navigate to .
- Click the Create role button.
- Type a name for the new role.
- Select the following permission:
Profile-driven storage > Profile-driven storage view
- Assign the new role to the user which you use for vCloud Usage Meter collection.
The server adds read-only vCenter Server permissions to the user.