vCloud Usage Meter can generate reports for a subset of virtual machines that vRealize Operations Manager controls. To support such a topology, you must create a specific user for vRealize Operations Manager and add it to vCloud Usage Meter.
You must have administrator privileges for the vRealize Operations Manager user interface.
- Log in to the administration interface of vRealize Operations Manager.
- Navigate to User Accounts tab, click the Add button.
and on the The Add User window opens.
- Enter the basic user information and click Next.
- To assign role and allocate resources, in the Assign Groups and Permissions window, click Objects.
- From the Select Role drop-down menu, select Administrator and select the Assign this role to the user check box.
- In the Select Object Hierarchies pane, select the vSphere Storage check box.
The vSphere inventory tree appears in the Select Object pane.
- In the Select Object pane, select the virtual machines to be metered and click Finish.
- Go to the vCloud Usage Meter Web interface and add or update the user credentials for vRealize Operations Manager.
For more information about adding credentials for vRealize Operations Manager, see How do I add credentials for vRealize Operations Manager.
You can now add the new vRealize Operations Manager credentials and generate reports only for the subset of virtual machines you selected.