You can upload to vCloud Usage Insight the product consumption data for a vCloud Usage Meter instance in an offline mode by using a Python script.
- The machine, from which you run the script, must have connection to the Internet.
- The vCloud Usage Meter is registered with Commerce Portal.
- On the machine from which you run the script, you must install Python 3.x.
- You must install the Python
- Enter the directory in which you save the upload_usage.py script.
- Run the script.
python3 upload_usage.py full-system-path-to-file
Depending on the size of the uploaded product consumption data, the upload can take an extended period to complete.