You can change the root account password due to security restrictions or other reasons.
You must have a password to log in to the vCloud Usage Meter console as root.
- Log in to the virtual machine console as root.
- To change the root password, run the passwd command.
- Enter a new password, then reenter the same password to confirm the change.
Note: The passwords for all user accounts must meet the following requirements.
- Passwords must be at least six characters long.
- Passwords must contain at least one numeral from 0 to 9.
- Passwords must contain at least one lowercase letter.
- Passwords must contain at least one uppercase letter.
- Passwords must contain at least one special character.
- Log out from the vCloud Usage Meter console.
You have changed the root password and can now log in to vCloud Usage Meter as root with your new password.