To hide the sensitive data like virtual machine name, host name, and user name, the data transferred between vCloud Usage Meter and Cloud Partner Navigator is anonymized. You can remove the anonymization of the Monthly Usage report, Cluster History report, and the Virtual Machine History report.
- Verify that you can log in to the vCloud Usage Meter console as root.
- Start the SSHD service on the vCloud Usage Meter console.
- Verify that you have downloaded the report you want to de-anonymize.
- Verify that the destination location where you want to save the de-anonymized report exists.
- Log in to the vCloud Usage Meter console as usagemeter.
- Navigate to the /opt/vmware/cloudusagemetering directory.
- To deanonymize the anonymized Monthly Usage, Cluster History, or Virtual Machine History report, run the following command.
./scripts/report_deanonymize.sh [location_of_anonymized_report]/[tsv-file-name].tsv [destination_for_de-anonymized_report]/[destination-file-name]You can also run the script on a different file that contains an anonymized data.The following message displays Your report was successfully deanonymized. The result is located at [destination_for_de-anonymized_report]/[file-name]Note: If the destination for the de-anonymized report does not exist, you still receive a message for successfully completed de-anonymization, but the de-anonymized file is not created.