You can update your virtual appliance from an ISO file that the appliance reads from the virtual CD-ROM drive.
All CD-ROM drives you use in your upgrade must be enabled before any vCloud Automation Center Appliances are updated. See the vSphere documentation center for information about adding a CD-ROM drive to a virtual machine in the vSphere client.
- Download the update ISO file from the vmware.com Web site.
- Connect the CD-ROM drive for the virtual appliance you are updating to the ISO file you downloaded.
- Go to the management console for your virtual appliance by using its fully qualified domain name, https://va-hostname.domain.name:5480.
- Log in with the user name root and the password you specified when the appliance was deployed.
- Click the Update tab.
- Click Settings.
- Under Update Repository, select Use CDROM Updates.
- Click Save Settings.
What to do next
If you have completed the update to the Identity Appliance or if you use another VMware appliance to support Single Sign-On capabilities, go to Install the Update on the vRealize Automation Appliance.