You install the update on the Identity Appliance before you update the vRealize Appliance.
Before you begin
Select a download method and download the update. See Downloading Virtual Appliance Updates.
- Log in to the Identity Appliance management console and open the Update tab.
- Go to the management console for your virtual appliance by using its fully qualified domain name, https://va-hostname.domain.name:5480.
- Log in with the user name root and the password you specified when the appliance was deployed.
- Click the Update tab.
- Click Check Updates to verify that an update is accessible.
- Click Install Updates.
- Click OK to confirm that you want the update to proceed.
The time it takes for the update to finish is dependent on your site environment.
- After the update is installed, reboot the virtual appliance.
- Click the System tab.
- Click Reboot and confirm your selection.
- Clear the cache of the Web browser used to access the management console.