An error occurs during the vRealize Automation pre-migration task while creating an Application Services reservation for a business group.
The pre-migration task reports a problem while preparing to create an Application Services reservation for a business group.
A sample pre-migration report entry is as follows.
Failed to create AppService reservation for provisioning group MyGroupName. Provisioning multi-machine blueprints might fail for this provisioning group after migration.
The dbo.Host table in the source database is missing a required value for the AppService Host record. It is not clear what causes this occasional problem.
A sample of a complete AppService Host record is as follows.
HostID - FBE1198E-2B65-42FB-8437-4942DAD514A2
HostName - AppService Host
IsVRMManaged - 1
MachineType - 3
- Open the source database.
- Navigate to the dbo.Host table.
- Enter the AppService Host name in the dbo.Host table.
- Enter the HostID name if it is not already specified in the table.
- Enter the IsVRMManaged value if it is not already specified in the table.
- Enter the MachineType value if it is not already specified in the table.
- Close the source database.
- Rerun the pre-migration task.
The pre-migration task is successful.