You can initiate an update process for predefined sample application deployments multiple times by scaling the clusters of a node. When you scale out or scale in a clustered node of a deployed application, you can configure only the cluster size of the nodes that are modeled as clusters in the application blueprint.
About this task
You can scale the following predefined sample applications.
Clustered DotShoppingCart application
Clustered Dukes Bank 3.0.0 or 2.1.0 application version
Log in to Application Services as an application publisher and deployer.
Familiarize yourself with the basic concepts of defining and configuring component properties and actions. See Developing Application Services Components.
The deployed application must include at least one clustered node. See Specify a Node as a Cluster.
Verify that the initial deployment is successfully deployed to a cloud environment.
You cannot scale clustered nodes from a failed deployment or after a failed scale operation.
Contact your cloud administrator to get information about the deployment environment storage space limit.
- On the Application Services title bar, click the drop-down menu and select Deployments.
- Select a predefined sample application that deployed successfully.
- From the Operations drop-down menu in the toolbar, select Update.
The Update Profiles page opens.
- Select Create Update Profile.
The Update Profile dialog box opens.
- In the Update Type drop-down menu, select Scale Out or Scale In.
- Name the scaled update process, add an optional description, and click OK.
In the description, you can add information about the changes included in this update.
- From the Node tab, increase the cluster size value for one or more clustered nodes and click Next.
- Review the scaled clustered node in the execution plan and click Next.
The blue dotted lines in the execution plan define a specific order in which the deployment tasks run.
- Review the modified properties in the update.
The impacted properties are highlighted.
- Click Update to deploy the updated application.
What to do next
You can check the status of the deployment from the deployment summary page . See Using the Deployment Summary Page.