A deployer can promote an existing update profile to update any deployment across multiple deployment environments. You can apply the same type of an update process to more than one deployment originating from same application version.
About this task
For example, a deployer can apply a security related configuration update on one or more components of an application on different deployments originating from same application version.
Promoting update profiles across different deployment environments through REST API is not supported.
Log in to Application Services as an application publisher and deployer.
- On the Application Services title bar, click the drop-down menu and select Deployments.
- Select a deployment that is updated successfully.
The deployment summary page opens.
- In the toolbar above the deployment summary, select
All of the details associated with the deployment such as available update profiles, application name and version appear on the updates summary page.
- Locate an existing update profile to promote.
- To promote the update profile to one or multiple deployment environments, click the Promote Update Profile icon.
The Manage Update Promotion dialog box opens with a list of the available deployment environments.
- In the Available column, select the deployment environment and click the Add to Selected arrow.
The deployment environment appears in the Selected column.
- (Optional) : To withdraw a deployment environment from the Selected column, select the deployment environment and click the Remove from Selected arrow.
The deployment environment appears in the Available column.
- Review the deployment environments in the Selected column and click Submit.
When the update profile is successfully promoted to the selected deployment environments, a green thumbs up icon appears on the update profile summary card.
A notification icon () appears on deployment in the single or multiple deployment environments. For example, if the Clustered Dukes Bank update profile is promoted, then the notification appears on all of the existing Clustered Dukes Bank application deployments within the selected deployment environment.
What to do next
Apply the promoted update profile to a deployment which belongs to one of the selected deployment environments. See Accept or Discard a Promoted Update Profile.