Create a different deployment profile for each deployment environment. In a deployment profile, you can enter or override application properties for a specific deployment if the Override at Deployment option is enabled for the property.
About this task
For example, for a particular deployment environment, you might change the database port to 3307.
Log in to Application Services as an application publisher and deployer.
Verify that you are a member of the appropriate business group.
Verify that at least one application is created in Application Services. See Creating Applications.
- On the Application Services title bar, click the drop-down menu and select Applications.
- Click the name of the application.
A list of application versions appears.
- Select an application version and click the Add icon ().
A selection menu appears.
- Select Create Deployment Profile from the menu.
The menu also contains Create Composite Deployment Profile which lets you create a cluster of existing deployment profiles.
- Enter a name for the deployment profile.
You might name the profile so that the name indicates which type of environment is used, specific override property, or clustered node configuration.
For example, for an application called MyTimecard, you might name the profile myTimecard-QA to indicate that this profile is for the QA environment rather than for the production environment.
- If creating a deployment profile for a shared application, select a business group from the drop-down menu.
You cannot select a business group for a private application.
- Click Deploy.
The Deployment Profile wizard appears, with the Deployment Environment page highlighted.
What to do next
Map the logical templates and network templates for the application deployment. See Configure the Deployment Environment.