Application Services includes predefined sample applications, services, and virtual machine templates to help you understand the basic concepts and start using the product. Complete the tasks to install Application Services, configure, and deploy a predefined sample application to the vCloud Director, vSphere through vRealize Automation, or Amazon EC2 environment.
Familiarize yourself with the Application Services provisioning workflow described in Application Services Overview.
- Install and set up the Application Services virtual appliance.
- Configure Application Services to use a proxy.
Perform this task when an application needs to download files from outside the corporate firewall.
- Log in to the Application Services Web interface and familiarize yourself with the product features.
- Register a cloud provider.
When you register a cloud provider, you map Application Services to one of the following components in your cloud environment.
Cloud Provider Types
vCloud Director instance and organization
vRealize Automation business group
Amazon EC2 Region
- Create a deployment environment in the registered cloud provider.
Map the Application Services deployment environment to one of the following components in your cloud environment before you can deploy an application.
Organization vDC within vCloud Director
Reservation policy within vCloud Automation Center
Amazon VPC and associated Availability Zone
- Map the cloud template to a logical template.
When you map a cloud template to a logical template, you are linking the Application Services logical template to the actual template in the cloud.
- Deploy a predefined sample application from the Deployment Profile wizard.
- Check the status of the deployment.
- Troubleshoot deployment failures.
If you experience deployment failures, you can examine the virtual machine-specific logs and deployment logs and troubleshoot the problem.
To access the virtual machine-specific logs, see View Deployed VM Details and Execution Plan of an Application. To resolve the problem, see the Application Services Troubleshooting document.