You can request to scale in one or more clustered nodes in an existing deployment from the vRealize Automation console. You can configure only the cluster size of nodes modeled as clusters in the application blueprint.
About this task
You cannot scale in a deployment that uses a blueprint that has a mapped artifact. For more information about artifact management, see Working with Artifacts.
Log in to the vRealize Automation console as a tenant administrator.
Verify that you have access to at least one deployed application with a clustered node from vRealize Automation.
- Select .
- Enter the name of the deployment in the search text box and click the magnifying glass icon () or press Enter.
- Select the deployment from the search result list.
The Item Details page appears.
- Select Scale In from the Actions menu.
The Request Information tab on the Scale In dialog box appears.
- Enter a description in the Description text box.
This required description helps you monitor the progress of the request after submission.
- (Optional) : Enter the reasons for the request in the Reasons text box.
- Click Next.
- Enter the number of clusters to scale in by clicking the up and down arrows in the Scale in by text box.
- Click Submit.
The Request confirmation box appears.
- Click OK.
What to do next
You can monitor the status of your scale in request on the Requests tab on the vRealize Automation console.