You can publish an Application Services composite deployment profile to the vRealize Automation service catalog. vRealize Automation users can request the catalog item to start using the applications in that environment.
About this task
You cannot delete a published deployment profile from the vRealize Automation service catalog.
If you publish a deployment that has mapped artifacts in its blueprint, you can override the tracking identifier and content URL often used in such blueprints from the vRealize Automation service catalog.
Log in to Application Services as an application publisher and deployer.
Verify that a composite deployment profile is available in Application Services. See Setting Up and Configuring a Deployment Profile.
vRealize Automation IaaS environment and entitlements must be properly set up and configured. See vRealize AutomationInstallation and Configuration and IaaS Configuration for Virtual Platforms documentation.
Verify that if there is a custom task in any of the deployment profiles, all of the required property values in that deployment profile are defined so that the SSO user can request the item from the vRealize Automation service catalog or quick deploy the latest application version and associated deployment profile.
- On the Application Services title bar, click the drop-down menu and select Applications.
- Click the name of the application.
A list of application versions appears.
- Select an application version and click the existing composite deployment profile or create one.
You must have one or more deployment profiles available to create a composite deployment profile.
- Review the deployment profiles and the property bindings.
You can make changes to the composite deployment profile before publishing it.
- Click Publish.
- In the Publish dialog box, append the name of the composite deployment profile with more information, add a description, and click OK.
For example, add an optional description to the Description section about the applications to be deployed.
The published name and description appear in the vRealize Automation service catalog. This name and description are different from the deployment profile name and description.
- Log in to your tenant in vRealize Automation.
The vRealize Automation console opens.
- Select and open the published item in the catalog.
- Assign an entitled service to the catalog item from the Service drop-down menu and click Update.
The catalog item list appears.
- In the right-hand navigation, to entitle the service to a catalog item, select Entitlements and open the entitlement.
- In the Details tab, type a name for the entitlement and click Next.
- In the Items & Approval tab, assign the published item to the entitled catalog items from the drop-down menu.
- In the Entitled Resource Action section, type the Application Deployment Details resource action and select it from the drop-down menu.
- Click Update.
What to do next
Request a vRealize Automation catalog item for development. See Request a vRealize Automation Service Catalog Item.