You can deploy an application with one or more artifacts as application components.
About this task
The deployment environment you select for a deployment profile determines which artifact repository instance to use.
Log in to Application Services as an application publisher and deployer.
Verify that you are a member of the appropriate business group.
Verify that a deployment environment with an artifact repository instance exists. See Create an Artifact Repository Instance.
Verify that an application and application version exist.
Verify that an application blueprint with an artifact binding exists. See Bind an Artifact to an Application Blueprint.
Verify that a deployment profile exists.
Verify access to the application properties of the deployment profile. See Configure Application Properties.
- On the Application Services title bar, click the drop-down menu and select Applications.
- Open the application, application version, and deployment profile in order.
- Open the Application Properties page in the Deployment Profile wizard.
- Click the tab for the type of object mapped. For example, click Application Component or Service to display the corresponding properties.
- Locate the artifact repository and artifact names in a New Value text box.
The values have Repository: and Artifact: prefixes.
- Click the names in the New Value text box.
The Value for Property dialog box appears.
- (Optional) : You can enter the value for the tracking identifier defined in the artifact repository specification.
The tracking identifiers for the out-of-the-box artifact repository specifications are JOB_ID for a Jenkins build and VERSION for a Yum build. Other specifications can have other tracking identifiers. You can leave the text box blank and enter the tracking identifier later when you deploy, either returning here to enter the tracking identifier, or using Quick Deploy on the application.
- (Optional) : You can also override artifact management for the deployment. Specify the URL for the application component in the type your own value text box. The URL then takes precedence.
- Click OK.