For scaling deployments, you might need to deploy multiple virtual machines or a cluster for a particular node and use a load balancer to manage them.
Familiarize yourself with the basic concepts of binding to another property, node array index property, and defining component actions. See Developing Application Services Components.
- To specify a cluster of virtual machines, click the Convert to Node Array icon () in the node.
- Below the blueprint, set the cluster size.
- Bind to a property like node_array_index to identify in which virtual machine the current script is running.
You can find the IP addresses of all the virtual machines in a cluster by binding a property to all(node:ip).
- (Optional) If other properties refer to a cluster property, define the component properties to access the array of property values from the clustered nodes.
- Click Save in the toolbar above the canvas.
Specifying the Load Balancer
To understand how a cluster is used, see the Clustered Dukes Bank sample application. In the Load Balancer node, click Apache_LB and note that the http_node_ips property refers to all(appserver:ip). The https_node_ips property references all of the IP addresses for each node within the specified cluster size.
What to do next
Deploy the application. See Deploying Applications.